Saturday, November 22, 2008

Bruins continue their winning ways... unbelievable!

Last night the Florida Panthers became the latest victim of the Bruins roll. 4-2. Beating the Panthers isn't all that impressive (no offense to the Panther's fans) with Florida in last place in the east and all.

I did not have a repeat of my guilty copyright conscience this morning and I downloaded the NHL.com highlight video... but then I couldn't get it to play, so there goes that. Click here to watch most of the highlights.

I say "most of the highlights" because the Lucic vs Boynton fight isn't included. Last night the Bruins had a tribute to the movie Slap Shot that included an appearance by one of the guys who played a Hanson brother. In that spirit, Nick Boynton and Milan Lucic beat the crap out of each other. I was always a Boynton fan when he played in Boston. I was a fan when he played in Providence for that matter. I was a little sad to see him go, but it was typical Bruins business practice to be so cheap during contract talks that the good players just couldn't wait to get out of town.

The Bruins play the Canadiens tonight. I hate the Canadiens. I loathe them to the core of my soul. I hate them. I hate them. I hate them. Go Bruins.

On a slightly related note the Lowell Devils broke their 7 game losing streak last night. They had the lead 3-2 against Hartford with 6.4 seconds left in the third... and won in the shootout. That's the kinda team they are. They play Norfolk this afternoon. We aren't going, but maybe I might try and listen to some on the radio at WCAP's website. Go Devils.

In closing, enjoy the Lucic vs Boynton fight. Milan Lucic could run for mayor of Boston and win in a landslide thanks to efforts like this. He's only about 20 years old or so and already he's a Bruins folk hero. Keep up the good work. Go Bruins.

No comments:

Post a Comment