Friday, December 30, 2011

Friday... Almost There

Today is Friday.  It's 9:00am.  We are so close to the second consecutive three-day weekend that I can almost taste it.  8 hours and 18 minutes to go until the work day is done.  Yesterday felt like the slowest day ever, but I know it's going to seem down right speedy compared to today.

I'm not feeling all that well.  Sleep has been eluding me and I feel run down.  My nose is a little sniffly.  My stomach is a little funny.  I'm run down.  My legs feel weak.  I just want to sleep.  If not for being on call for the long weekend I might have actually called in sick today.  But no, I am being a good boy and sticking it out. 

But I'm tired.  So tired that I started thinking that I could use a vacation.  I'm such a wimp these days.  I used to go years without needing a vacation, now every 3-4 months I just need one.  We went to New York for a weekend earlier this month, but that doesn't count.  The last real vacation was our San Diego trip in August.  We had been thinking about going to Washington DC with the kids over April vacation.  That seems so damn far away.  There is also, hopefully, an extended family rent-a-place-and-hide-for-a-week in the works for sometime in the summer.

Jen has the vacation bug too.  How do I know?  She keeps sending me links to vacation packages.  Where?  St. Kits... Bora Bora (is there anywhere on Earth more beautiful?  I doubt it)... San Diego (if we go back again I might not ever leave and that would be a good thing)... how about a cruise on the Mediterranean?  Yeah, the wife and I both have the travel bug.  Big time.

No comments:

Post a Comment