Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Network Blues

The network in the building I work in has been down since 10:00am or so. We tried waiting it out in the hopes it would come back, but that doesn't seem likely right now.

So, we are taking advantage of the fact that my company has six buildings within a relatively short distance. I have moved to the closest one on the map. Fortunately I was able to snag a computer with internet access! >whew<

Unfortunately it probably means an evening commute on the highway instead of on the back roads. I'll see if I can map out a way that avoids the worst spots. I may just have to suck it up and take 128N to 93N like the rest of the world does.

Wish me luck!

I haven't been in this building since my original training in the summer of 2004. I forgot that you have to walk outside to go to the cafeteria here... which means Robbie has snickers bars for lunch today because I don't wanna go back out in the cold!

Fortunately I just heard the familiar sound of a soda dropping out of a soda machine so I know the kitchen (and the junk food) is close. >whew again!<

No comments:

Post a Comment