Tuesday, December 8, 2009

One of Those Days

Do you ever have one of those days? Where nothing bad happens yet everything bugs you? Where you are hyper sensitive to annoyances?

I do. Not often, but I do.

I have a sneaking suspicion that today might become one of those days. I have no idea why... except maybe I'm just at the low ebb of my you-have-a-long-commute cheeriness cycle. Some times I don't mind the long commute. Sometimes I do. This morning after sitting at one light in Methuen for four cycles, and then another light in Concord for four cycles I think I reached the nadir. (I hope I used the word nadir correctly. I think I did. I could look it up to make sure, but I would rather convey my question about it to you, the kind reader, than actually act on my impulse to use the English language correctly for a change. In other words, I am that rare combination of long-winded and lazy. But I digress...)

This weekend we have a game night to attend. Jen and I have missed the last couple of these and I am hoping we'll have enough of our errands done in time to go this time. It's at Larry and Nawal's house and I want to see it. They recently redid the entire interior. I literally will not recognize the joint when I'm there.

On Sunday we are borrowing the kids from their dad to take them to a Christmas Party. My father has been a member of the organization that runs the Bingo at church. Every year for as far back as I can remember they have had a kids Christmas party for children and grandchildren of members. I went to it for years. Now for the first time my step kids get to go to it too. Santa Claus will be there, of course, handing out a gift to each kid. Rob will be there with a camera full of fresh batteries snapping away. Ho Ho Ho

The weekend after that we have the kids. Jen and I had talked a few weeks ago about the possibility of an overnight trip to New York. We talked about it and then forgot about it. Then last week we had a talk about how we were kind of feeling the need for a day trip somewhere. Sort of like our trips to the mountains. Drive for a while, do something fun, drive back. I started thinking about New York again. I thought, wouldn't it be swanky for us to drive to New York to do some Christmas shopping. It would, wouldn't it. Even better, wouldn't it be cool to bring the kids to New York to see Rockefeller Center and some of the other sites in all their Christmasly decorated glory. We have to wait for the extended weather forecasts to get out to that weekend, but it might be something we end up doing. If we do, you'll see 10,000,000 pictures or so.

Okay, talking about game night and Christmas parties and a lit up New York has greatly improved my mood.

Your humble narrator thanks you.

No comments:

Post a Comment