Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A Few Things

My beloved wife Jen and I went out on a date to celebrate our 4th first-date-iversary last night. We just went out to dinner and then hung out at home. It was a really good night, spent celebrating a really good night. We've come pretty far in four years. I wouldn't change a thing. I love you, sweetie.

***Change of subject***

Two years in a row.

I did a free yahoo fantasy hockey team. For the second year in a row I went to the finals and lost due to bullshit.

Last year during the finals I was ahead by a couple of points at the end of the week. That's when I discovered that the finals for some reason ran for two weeks, unlike every other match up during the entire year. I lost my lead during the second week.

This year I made it to the finals again and was happy to see that the match up was only one week, but at the end of that week the score was tied and I lost due to the tie breaker.

Two years in a row I went into the playoffs as the top seed, and two years in a row I lost in the finals due to bullshit.

I blame Sidney Crosby. If he could have just sucked it up and played through his debilitating post-concussion syndrome I definitely would have won. (You, kind readers, know sarcasm when you see it, don't you?)

***Change of Subject***

The Rush Road Trip 2011 begins the day after tomorrow. As excited as I am to go away for four days with the love of my life and see my all time favorite band twice, I am getting to the point where I'm just really excited about not having to go to work Friday or Monday. Sometimes it's the little things, you know?

2010-09-14 - Rush at TD Garden 606

2010-09-14 - Rush at TD Garden 1282

2010-09-14 - Rush at TD Garden 743

No comments:

Post a Comment