Thursday, January 19, 2012

I'm Tired

Yesterday was rough.  I didn't get to sleep until after 3:00am and then was up before 7:00am and at work by 9:00am.  I made it through the first half of the day in a fog and then took some vaca and went home at 1:00pm.  I sat on the couch with a bag of doritos watching How I Met Your Mother and basically floating in a fog of sleepiness, but I couldn't fall asleep.  I might have for a little while, but not for long.

At 6:00pm the kids came home and I bundled them up and took them out to do something I have never done before.
---Shoe Shopping---

Yes, you read that correctly.  Rob took the two kids out to buy new snow boots.  Rob who can barely shop for himself took two young people out to try and buy footwear.  Oh those poor, poor kids.

My step son nailed his first choice.  Size, style, everything.  Nice job!  My step daughter... well... I failed her.  She does not yet own a pair of snow boots for 2012.  The first store we went to had nothing that she deemed worthy of putting on her feet.  The second store had a style she liked, but once she had it on it felt weird.  We tried a few different sizes, but she just didn't like the way the boot felt on her foot.  If we'd have had more time we would have tried another store, but we couldn't stay out all night.

Jen, my beautiful bride, wanted to watch the season premier of American Idol last night.  I don't like the show.  I am not a fan of the music-as-game-show paradigm.  I also want to vomit any time I see or hear Stephen Tyler.  Last night he managed to sum himself up for the public perfectly when he told a contestant's father this his 15 year old daughter was hot.  No, really.  He did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment