Friday, January 6, 2012

Video Game Hockey

The Bruins played the Calgary Flames on my PS3 last night and dominated from start to finish before finally winning 9-0.  Calgary's night can be summed up by Boston's second goal.  Milan Lucic was along the wall just above the faceoff circle and he threw a pass out toward the middle of the ice.  The pass whacked into Olli Jokinen and deflected into the net... from about 40 feet away.  It was the single cheapest, cheesiest goal I've ever seen and things just went down hill from there for the Flames.

Of course, it was just a video game, right?  I mean no one scores nine goals in an NHL game, never mind win a game 9-0.  It just doesn't happen.

What?

It was a real game?

Really?



The highlight of the evening may have been late in the third period where the Bruins faithful inside the Garden were chanting, "We want 10!" over and over again.  What a thing of beauty.  At this point the pessimist in me would normally prophesize that the B's will lose their next game 1-0.  Not this time, for two reasons.  First, this team is more awesome than any other team I've ever had the good fortune to follow.  I am beginning to doubt that a 1-0 loss is even possible.  Second, their next game is a Saturday afternoon rematch of the 2011 Stanley Cup final match up between the Bruins and the Vancouver Canucks.  I somehow doubt that either team will settle for a 1-0 final.  It very well may be a blood bath.

On an unrelated note, today is going to be an interesting day.  I believe I got less than three hours of sleep last night.  It's 9:09am and I already feel like I am seriously running out of gas.  Fun, Fun, Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment