Thursday, January 26, 2012

Mega Hi Def

This post is probably going to break all over the place, but I'll give it a shot.

NASA released a hi def image of the Earth taken by a satellite.  The resolution is 8000x8000.  It's humongous... and it's from space.  I'm going to link the full sized image here, which means I am going to have to shrink it to display it and it's probably going to load slooooooowly.  Once it's there you're going to have to click on it to see the full image.  If you use Firefox, the image displayed after you click is also going to be resized to fit the screen, so you will have to click it again.  I'll also add a link to the Flickr page I am taking the image from.

Coooool!




Here is the link to the image's Flickr page.

1 comment:

  1. And see that tiny little spot all the way to the far left, near the top of the globe in this picture? We're going to be there in less than three months!!!

    ReplyDelete