Tuesday, January 3, 2012

More Spam

I haven't received any more spam on Blogger since the spam related post, but I haven't gotten around to switching the comments from open to moderated either.  I don't want to do that, I feel incredibly lame doing that, but I think I will end up doing that.

I have gotten spam regularly on twitter, which is odd because I barely ever post there.  I enjoy following twitter while watching the Bruins because 90% of the people I follow are also watching the Bruins.  It works out well that way.  Still though, when I do get around to using twitter I regularly get spam mentions... or whatever they call them now.  You know, some idiot spammer puts my @user name in a tweet so I get some horrible link sent to me.  Assholes.

This weekend also saw spam coming to me on Facebook for the first time ever.  Apparently some douche nozzle slimy scumbag was "liking" things on my account.  I logged in on New Year's day and had a bunch of things in my newsfeed that had no business being there.  I changed my password and started scouring my like lists.  I think I have removed them all now, but who knows.  Facebook tends to make it difficult to find such things.

On top of all that, yesterday I got two telemarketer calls on my cell phone.  I was furious.  Not only am I on every do-not-call list in the known universe, but I was on call yesterday so any time my phone rings I start to panic, and if the number is one I don't recognize I go into full, unabridged terror mode.  Then to find out in both cases that it was some ass wipe trying to sell me something, I wanted to start strangling people.

But other than that, I had a great weekend.  The only bad part about it was that it's over and we're all back at work.  Oh, and the traffic getting to work sucked ass today. 

Things to look forward to in the New Year...

We are thinking of going back to San Diego this year.  Maybe during one of the school vacations.  Jen and I have begun prepping for this possibility by re-joining Planet Fitness.  I like the idea of a gym who's corporate culture is one that allows for people like me to make idiots of themselves without being openly ridiculed.  I know it doesn't work that way in reality, but I still appreciate the attempt.

The 2012 RPM Challenge begins in 29 days.  How will working on a computer with lots of editing capabilities change the way I work?  How will actually being in a band at the same time I work on the project affect things?  Who knows.

All I know, is all the signs are pointing to 2012 being a good year.  2011 was over in the blink of an eye.  Hopefully 2012 won't be in such a hurry to turn into 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment