Monday, February 2, 2009

Lexicon

Some months ago I purchased a USB audio interface made by Lexicon called the Lambda. The unit would allow me to record stereo audio onto a computer using only a USB port. It's a nifty little unit.

I installed the drivers and the Steinberg Cubase LE4 recording software onto my laptop and started trying to record music.

Two days later my laptop was dead.

Jen and I (as mentioned in previous posts) decided to try and resurrect my dead lappy and she managed to make it happen. We tried installing Windows XP (it used to have Vista) but XP was no go. We ended up having a duel boot with Linux and the Beta version of Windows 7.

Tonight I reinstalled the Lambda drivers and the Cubase software. I want to use this friggin' lappy for the RPM Challange damn it and I do not want to buy a new interface.

So far so good. I haven't done anything other than test drive, but the computer is still running and all seems to be happy.

If it fries windows again I will go back to my original plan and only use my 8-track. Hopefully things will go better this time.

But I am afraid to unplug the unit and I am afraid to shut down the computer.

D'OH!

No comments:

Post a Comment