Sunday, April 1, 2012

Clinched a Spot

The other night the Bruins lost to Washington in a shoot out. That left them one point away from clinching a playoff spot. The next night Buffalo lost in regulation. That clinched the spot for Boston.

Big deal. The defending Stanley Cup Champions want to win the Northeast Division, and so do I.

Boston and Ottawa both have four games remaining. That's eight points. The Bruins currently have a six point lead in the Northeast. Now I used to suck at math, but I think that means that one Bruins win, or one regulation loss for Ottawa will clinch at least a tie. I don't remember what the first tie breaker is (head to head?) so let's screw the tie. If my extensive calculations are correct, three point will do it. That's three points for us, or three points lost for them.

Shall we start the hunt for these final points tonight against the Rangers in New York? We have yet to beat them this year. They are ahead of us, and a possible later round opponent (not that I'm looking that far ahead). Now would be a good time to figure them out, wouldn't you say?

Go Bruins!

No comments:

Post a Comment