Friday, June 18, 2010

Hockey Related Car Accident

Read this ESPN article.

There is a lot of information in this article that relates to difficulties we had while driving to Florida.

First of all, I am glad they are all right. Danny Briere plays for the Flyers, the team that the Bruins blew their three games to none lead against. I wanted the Flyers to die figuratively, not literally, so this is a happy ending.

Now. What to note that applies to our journey.

First. PENNSYL-FRICKIN=VANIA.

Okay, so this actually happened just after they crossed out of PA into New York, but still... Pennsylvania. Urgh.

Second. Route 81.

Third. It involved a tractor trailer.

Never have I driven on a more stressful highway, populated by more assholes weaving between lanes in their tractor trailer trucks. It was a mess. We nearly died 100 times at least. They say Massachusetts drivers are terrible, well if we are then 99% of the truck drivers on route 81 were fellow Massholes. It was ridiculous. We actually started cheering when we crossed the state line into Maryland. We started cheering again when we finally (safely) got ourselves off of route 81.

None of what I read in this article surprised me at all. I would expect stuff like this to happen 10 times a day on that road.

I'm glad everyone was okay though. Even though I want Danny Briere to lose every game he plays in for the rest of his natural life. Even if he plays Parcheesi with friends when he's 110 years old, I want him to lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment