Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Happy Monthiversary

One month ago today I managed to avoid getting cold feet. My toes were toasty warm all day.

My wife is still feeling a little under the weather, but she was well enough to return to work today. Let's hope the progress continues.

This week is shaping up to be a busy one. The first rehearsal for the triumphant Break Even sort of reunion is tomorrow night. I have to go to my parents house tonight to grab my amplifier. I hope it still works. (I have been a headphone amp-only guitar player since moving into the duplex) I also need to sneak over to Guitar Center at lunch and grab myself some new strings. The strings currently on my Les Paul are so covered with rust and grime they are about 2 inches thick.

Friday Jen and I both have off from work for the holiday. We are taking the kids up to Old Orchard Beach for a day of being beach bums. We are heading up early, but at some point (as yet to be worked out) Mike and Tammy and their daughter are going to join us. We are all going to stay over night so we can put off the drive home for a while.

Saturday is the Forth of July. (insert your "Hooray we're not British" cheer here) We will leave Old Orchard Beach in the morning. Head home for a little while to clean up and change clothes and what not, and then head to Nahant for Jamie and Michael's Forth of July beach day, complete with fireworks. We're probably going to be right goodly wiped out by the end of the day, but it's going to be a lot of fun. After spending a week hanging out on Pacific Ocean beaches, it's going to be nice to see the Atlantic again. That's the one you drive East to get to... not West like that other one. There was just something wrong about that.

In closing, Happy Monthiversary to my Wife Jen. I love you sweetie.

No comments:

Post a Comment