Monday, June 22, 2009

Monday Again?

We appear to be back to reality now. One week after returning from the honeymoon, the laundry is done, the gifts are put away, the kitchen and bathroom are as clean as they were the day we moved in, the new grill has been used, the popcorn popper has been used, stuff that's been out since weeks before the wedding has been put away, we went food shopping, we ate a dinner at home instead of at a restaurant.

Most of that was Jen's doing. She reached the fed-up-with-our-messy-place limit a little bit before I did and cleaned the kitchen and bathroom while the kids and I tackled the mountains of laundry. Jen is awesome. There, I said it. Now you know why I married her.

Last week we watched Star Wars: Episode III - The Revenge of the Sith with the kids. It was their first time seeing it. They loved it even if a few parts scared them a little. Last night we exposed them to another all time great movie. Spaceballs. I knew a lot of the jokes were going to go over their head. I didn't expect them all too. Or most of them at least. They liked it, but the howls of laughter we were hoping for never arrived.

Yesterday was my first Father's Day as a step father. I'm torn on how to feel about it. I loved it, of course, but I felt unworthy of the attention. The kids have a father, they in fact made him breakfast in bed yesterday, and he isn't me. I think I should get the Federal Government to officially designate a day in the summer as Step-Parents Day. That way we can remove all ambiguity. I think the second Sunday in August would work. Sure the overwhelming majority of families wouldn't even know it's there, but it could spread the warm and fuzzies for another day and we all know Hallmark would totally jump on the wagon. hehe Just a thought.

I still have a few days worth of Honeymoon pictures to sort through and we have over a thousand wedding pictures to look at too. Lots of work to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment