Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Random

Ed McMahon died. Lowell's own. Bummer. The man who made "Herrrrrrrrre's Johnny!" a household catch phrase is gone. The man Phil Hartman impersonated so well is gone. You are correct, Sir! Good luck Ed. I hope they have blooper reels in the great beyond.

Last week Jen wanted to pick up a season of the show "How I Met Your Mother." We went to Best Buy looking for it and all they had was season three. We, obviously, wanted season one. So we wandered around the DVD and Blu Ray aisles looking for an alternative. Jen suggested "Scrubs" and grabbed the first two seasons.

I had never watched an episode all the way through, but I knew every character and how they all related to one another. How? Because Comedy Central ran (runs) the show 24/7 for months prior to me moving in with Jen. I would be home channel surfing, hoping maybe Comedy Central would have something funny to watch, and every time for months it would be "Scrubs." I got completely sick of the damn show without ever actually sitting through an episode.

Of course that was well over a year ago so my disdain for the show I'd never watched was pretty much gone. I told Jen I would watch them with her. One week later we are 33% through with season two. We're very much honeymoon-broke right now and are trying to eliminate our credit card debt before making any further big purchases, so there isn't a lot of extra money laying around right now. So we might have to wait for season three. But... but... but... what are we going to do in the mean time? I don't know!

Finally (for now) I some how managed to drive all the way to work this morning without turning on my windshield wipers. It's been so long. New England is turning into some weird rain forest/arctic hybrid where we get soaked with rain every single day but the temperatures remain unseasonably cool. Maybe New England is morphing into Old England?

No rain yet today, but I think there is a 99.999% chance of getting some later.

Happy Summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment