Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Magic!

I just noticed something...

I am boycotting Firefox today because it crashes on me all the time. Why does it crash on me all the time? Because my box here at work doesn't have the memory muscle to keep it running with lots of tabs open and lots of other programs running. My work computer is old. It gets the job done, but it is far from state of the art. I am not complaining, believe me.

So when I say Firefox crashes all the time I really mean that many programs crash all the time. My Firefox boycott is a combination of silliness on my part and a symbolic gesture to a computer that doesn't give a rats ass.

Today I am using Safari. Chrome is usually my second choice for browsing, but on this machine Chrome crashes whenever you think about looking at it. It is the least stable of my at-work-browser options. Safari is the next choice. Having said all this, it has crashed twice already today.

This, of course, has nothing to do with the actual Magic referred to in the title of this pointless post.

The magic has to do with the flash plug in.

The last time I used Safari I tried to run a flash app and I was told that the macromedia flash plug in needed to be installed. I tried to install it and it failed. Twice. So back to Firefox I went.

After posting the last blurb less than 10 minutes ago I noticed the Bruins highlight video I posted yesterday looked like it was available. I clicked on it and it played. Magically my flash plug in is working again!

It's like Harry Potter stopped by and wizarded it into shape!

Okay, exceptionally pointless post over.

Back to your regularly scheduled day.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment