Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Real Mission of Burma Day

Sunday may have Officially been Mission of Burma day in Boston, but today is the actual release date for their new record, "The Sound the Speed the Light."

It is their third full length studio record since reuniting (their fourth over all). The last one, "The Obliterati" will go down as one of my favorite albums of the 21st century. No doubt at all. The jury is still out on the new record, but I am liking it so far. I'm on the sixth track out of 12 and so far "Possession" is looking like the killer from this set.

So everyone, go out today and celebrate the release of "The Sound the Speed the Light." Make today Mission of Burma day everywhere!

(oh my god that was the hokiest thing I've ever written. Good thing my goal in life wasn't to become an advertiser.)



2008-06-12 - Mission of Burma at the Paradise 079

2008-06-12 - Mission of Burma at the Paradise 052

513

2008-06-12 - Mission of Burma at the Paradise 013

100b3462

100b3001

100b3230

(okay, so here is the downside of following bands that live in the same town you live in. There was one song I heard them do a few times that I was really hoping would find it's way onto this album. I believe it was called "Monkey Boy." It's not here. My fingers are crossed for it to show up as a b-side at some point.)

No comments:

Post a Comment