Monday, November 9, 2009

CRASH!

How is it possible for two cars that are both completely stopped at a red light to hit each other?

I don't know, but it happened to me this morning.

I was stopped at a light and had been for some time. All of a sudden I feel the faintest bump. I actually wondered aloud if we had been hit or not. I looked in the mirror and saw a very ashamed, embarrassed looking driver behind me who was silently apologizing.

We drove through the light, pulled over, got out, saw that there was no damage to either of us and that everyone was all right, and then continued on our ways.

The kids were in the car with me and I don't even think they noticed when it happened. I felt sort of bad for them. They can now legally say that they have been in a car accident, which I imagine in terms of playground cred is a big deal, but it was so minor that it has to be a let down.

I told them when they get to school they could tell other kids about it but embellish it a little. Like, instead of saying we got hit but it was so minor we barely felt it say that we were stopped at a light when we heard the screaming breaks of the car racing toward us. Then it hit us with a huge crashing, crunching of metal (I was adding lots of cool action movie sound effects to this tale). We had to race out of the car and run to the side of the road. Just before we got there the two cars exploded and we had to dive into the grass to avoid the flames.

You know... just embellish it a little... for the sake of the story... that's okay, right?

(all I know is it got some major laughs out of a pair of elementary school kids and that makes it all right by me. heh heh)

No comments:

Post a Comment