Tuesday, May 25, 2010

BTUs BABIE

I just got back from a department store. You know, the one with the bullseye for a logo? I walked in the door with one thing on my mind. BTUs. At least 5,000 of them. Yes, kids, I was air conditioner shopping. My wife proved her exceptional bravery by letting me go shopping by myself. (thanks honey!)

Fortunately, they only had two models in the store. One was 5,000 BTUs. I could feel the cool air just thinking about it. The other... the other... woah... the other was 6,000 BTUs. That's like, a whole thousand more BTUs. Being the bigger-is-better type of person (I am 6'5" tall after all) I went with the 6,000 model. I can feel the frosty air. I can see myself snuggling up against my wifey for warmth while wrapping the huge blanket around us. Sweet! (dig the alliteration on the letter 'w' there. I don't think I've ever done that before!)

On a totally unrelated note, my office building is shared between my company and another company. The other company is a major player in the wireless phone/data network business. You know them. They are the ones that many Apple fanboys and fangirls often burn in effigy. Anyway, there are two ways to spot the people who work for the other company. One is to look at their ID badges and see that they are different from ours. The other is to look in their ears. If they have a blue tooth headset sticking out of their noggin then they probably work for the other company.

Now I think my eyes deceived me earlier today. I was walking to my car and I think... stress think... that I saw a guy in the garage who had a blue tooth ear piece in one ear, and a cell phone up to his other ear. Almost... like... as if... he was... you know... using two cell phones at the same time. That's a new one for me. I've never seen such a display of awesome coolness before.

Now again, my eyes may have been playing tricks on me. It is so common to see people with ear pieces that maybe my brain was just expecting to see something and was fooled when it wasn't there. Trust me, it's very easy to fool my brain.

Still... two cell phones at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment