Friday, May 21, 2010

Moving On

I've been hurt, you know. It's so hard to move on from a hurt like the one I suffered. When you are in pain like that you start to wonder if you'll ever be able to fully invest yourself again. Is it worth the pain? Is it worth risking the hurt all over again?

I don't know if I'm ready to move on again... but I do know I watched the Red Sox game last night. The hurt from the Bruins' monumental, horrible, embarrassing, colossal collapse is still very fresh. I don't know if I am quite ready to give my loyalty to another team yet. What if the Red Sox make the playoffs this year (not likely given how things have gone thus far) and then take a three games to none lead... and then lose the series. What if it all happens again?

I can't honestly say I am ready to take that risk again, but I am willing to start moving on from the hurt.

Go Red Sox.

No comments:

Post a Comment