Sunday, July 4, 2010

Not Very Happy 4th

Happy 4th of July to citizens of the United States of America, both at home and abroad. If you aren't an American citizen then I will extend the well wishes to you too by hoping you have an unusually wonderful day today. If you are a member of the British Parliament... Then... Well... I guess you can have a good day today too, but only If you take a few minutes to think about what your predecessors did, and realize that you really had it coming.

Sadly this Independence day is pretty much ruined for the Mrs and I. I've had a bad cold for almost a week now. It's just as bad today as it was yesterday. Now to make matters worse, my lovely wife Jennifer has come down with it too.

It looks like there will be no fireworks on the beach for us tonight.

Blah. I really wanted to go.

I'm trying to cheer myself up by grabbing a tape of the opening night of the Rush tour. I can't listen to it until I see a show for myself, but at least it will be there waiting for me once I do.

Go watch the documentary, Rush Beyond the Lighted Stage. It's a fun view. I highly recommend it. All of it. Don't miss the bonus features, as some of the best stuff is there. (referring to the dinner scene.)

Happy 4th of July to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment