Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Look Upon Me and Dispair

Look upon me and see someone who is totally out of control.

In preparation for the upcoming vacation I bought a couple of Harlan Ellison short story collections for my iPad. That started the file moving insanity.

Next I figured I'd load some music onto my up until then mostly music free iPad. 800 files later I upgraded to the latest iOS, and took all available app updates. At this point we can honestly still say that nothing all that major had gone on.

Here it gets a little nuts. I figured I'd throw some music onto my Google Music (Beta) account while I was thinking about it. Well, I added a number of folders to the upload queue. Quite a large number, I guess. There are so many files queued that the upload routine can't count how many it still has to move.

While I was waiting impatiently for that I remembered that I have a playlist full of audiobooks on my Windows XP Desktop machine in the cellar. I decided I could use iTunes Homeshare to copy those onto my macbook, which was sitting in my lap, and move a couple of extra books onto my iPhone. Brilliant!

Well, homeshare is currently moving file #41 out of 934. Yeah, another speedy move on my part. Meanwhile all of this hard work is kicking the crap out of my macbook's battery. Why isn't it plugged into the wall? Because the only plug near my side of the bed is a two (Sean) Pronger while the macbook's plug is a three (Chris) Pronger.

Sorry about the hockey pun. It's been one of those nights.

Oh well, so I am the king of all music loving 'net nerds. What are you going to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment