Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Highlander

Highlander is the greatest movie in the history of the cinema.

Wait... let me rephrase that...

Highlander is bloody awful.  The writing, the acting, the everything.  It's horrible.  It's just mind blowingly bad.

But it's still the greatest movie in the history of the cinema.

Larry, Mike, and I could watch it every night.  We'd tear it to shreds, laugh at all the worst moments, and still want to get up and cheer like fanboys when Connor gives that last, "There can be only one."

Then they made Highlander II, and that really is the worst movie ever.  It took all the bad parts of the first movie and made them worse, and then left out all of the good stuff, and added in the single dumbest plot device in the universe... they are aliens?  What the hell?  Did that just happen?

Then they made Highlander III and that should have been better because they just sort of pretended that the second movie hadn't been made.  It was better, but still pretty awful.

Then there came the television series.  What ever happened to the whole there can be only one thing?  I don't know.  I didn't watch it.  A couple of my fellow fanboy friends did.  They said it was good, but I never even gave it a shot.

Then came Netflix.  The series is available for streaming.  I thought about watching it, but never really wanted to start.  A couple of weeks ago I put on the pilot and stopped before the opening credits ended.  As soon as I heard Queen I shut it off.  I didn't want to get pissed off at a 20 year old television show.

Tonight... I watched the pilot.

Oh for heaven's sake... Bull from Nightcourt was the bad guy?  What the hell were they thinking?

Urgh, indeed.

I made it all the way through though... maybe I'll watch another one.  Maybe not.

There can be only one, after all.

(I heard a rumor they were remaking the original.  Go ahead and add insult to injury, you hollywood douche bags.  The key word here is, "one."  Assholes)

No comments:

Post a Comment