Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Plans vs Resources

Last night I took a couple of pictures of a rainbow over our house.  I had been hoping to go outside and try and get some pics/video of the swarm of fireflies, which hopefully would be back again.  I also have this itch to take the 12-string, a mic, and the iPad outside into the yard and write/record a song or two.

Chances are neither of those things will ever happen.  Why?  Because while the plans are valid, the resources involved are not.  Time and energy.  Those are the resources required.  I ain't got either of 'em.  When I get home I just want to hang around with my beautiful wife or, if it's a kid night, my beautiful wife and my wonderful step kids.  I just don't want to use what little time I have, or what little energy I have left, on... anything.  Anything other than lazy family time.

I could probably accomplish so much more in the evenings on weekdays, but I just enjoy sitting down to a nice dinner with my family, and then spending some time together in the living room, and then turning in and maybe reading a little with my wife.  It sounds so simplistic and lazy and quiet... but I really love it.  I really love them.  I've been bitching a lot lately and I may not be giving the impression that I am the happiest man alive... but I am the happiest man alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment