Friday, July 20, 2012

Sleepy

Laundry kills me.  Our dryer doesn't work terribly well.  It gets the job done, but it needs to run for two cycles.  Last night I had two loads of laundry to do that had to get done before I could go to sleep.  I didn't get home until well after 8:00, and the laundry didn't start until well after 9:00.  The dryer cycle runs for about an hour.  The result of all of this is that I didn't go to sleep until after 1:00, closer to 1:30.  The alarm clock went off at 5:00 but I didn't hear it.  Jen snoozed it and it woke me up when it went off the second time at 5:10.  That means that I got less than four hours of sleep.  As a younger man I could easily make it through a work day on four hours of sleep.  Now, it's a struggle.  Less than four hours of sleep and I am a total mess.  Today I was perfectly fine from 5:40 or so, when I fell out of bed, until about 9:30.  That's when the exhaustion hit me. 

I am one sleepy red head.

I heard about the movie theater shooting in Colorado.  My thoughts go out to all of those affected by what some disturbed schmuck decided to do last night.  Here's hoping the wounded recover.  I don't want to see the already enormous death toll rise.  The whole thing is just unimaginably awful.

No comments:

Post a Comment