Saturday, July 14, 2012

My Old Room

My step son has recently developed an interest in baseball cards.  Talk about my childhood coming back, huh?

In my childhood closet there lives a box full of cards.  Hundreds of them.  Possibly thousands of them.  There is also a three ring binder full of my favorites.  They have all come home with me.  So many cards.  So many players I can't remember and my step son will never ever know.  My book full of favorites includes a few names that I can't believe I ever thought were worth saving.  Bob Walk?

Oh, and thanks to steroids, my Mark McGwire and Roger Clemens rookie cards are nice and worthless. Assholes.

The Yaz, and George Brett cards still rule though.

Oh, and I found three photographs taken in a parking lot in Lowell in June of 1986 at my first band's second gig.  I also found a bunch of flyers and set lists from the shows we put on back in the 80's.  Now if I could just find a recording of us on a cassette tape that still plays.

No comments:

Post a Comment