Sunday, August 19, 2012

Date Night in Boston

Last night Jen and I went out for dinner after work.  She wanted to stay out late, but I was just too tired so we agreed that tonight would be a full blown date night.

We decided to go into Boston without anything planned.  We just started walking up Newbury street with the vague notion of finding a restaurant.  We stopped at a place called Charlie's and had a nice dinner together.  Afterwards we started walking back down Boylston street with the vague notion of finding something for dessert.  What the hell, thinks us, let's go to the Top of the Hub and see what's on their dessert menu.

Well the Top of the Hub had a longish wait so we went down two flights to the observatory on the 50th floor of the Prudential building.  I didn't have my camera, so my iPhone got a few snaps of the view.

From there we headed back up to the Valley and stopped at a restaurant/bar in Tewksbury because we weren't ready to go home, and because we wanted to make believe we aren't old.  Well, Jen isn't old yet, but I am, so I guess I was the one pretending.  The place we went to is the same place (under new management with a new name) where I bought my first beer.  Funny, of course because I don't now, nor never have been a drinker.  In fact, the night I bought that first beer (I only drank about a quarter of it) was not my 21st birthday, it was Larry's; about a month after mine.

Anyhow, we had a lovely time just being together, and Boston is still beautiful.

Here are the crappy camera phone pics........

Blurry buskers.
photo

The Prudential
photo

The Hancock Tower from the 50th floor of the Prudential.
photo

The most beautiful sight in the city.
photo

Looking down on the Huntington Ave building.
photo

photo

photo

Fenway park.
photo

photo

photo

Hello, Charles.  Hello, Cambridge.
photo

photo

And finally, one last look at the Hancock, from Copley Square.  Safe on the ground.
photo





















No comments:

Post a Comment