Sunday, June 7, 2009

Honeymoon Day Eight

Our first full day in California is just about done. We wandered
around for awhile looking at landscape and architecture that was
utterly foriegn to me. We drove through the winding hills of La Jolla
and marveled at the houses while I saw the Pacific Ocean for the first
time. We found our way to route 101 and drove up the coast for a
little while before stopping at a tiny public beach in Del Mar. There
my feet touched the Pacific for the first time. We then went back to
San Diego for the Padres game at Petco Park, bringing my Major League
Baseball stadium count up to three. We left in the 15th inning and
watched the 18th in a pub. We then walked through the gaslamp quarter
before getting some fantastic Indian food and heading home.

I can't wait for whatever comes next.

No comments:

Post a Comment