Tuesday, August 18, 2009

iPhone About to be the #1 Camera on Flickr?

Mashable reported today that the iPhone is about to become the most used camera on Flickr.

People are able to use their iPhone, or other smart phone, to take a picture and immediately upload it to the site. No wires or computer middlemen needed, just take it and post it.

It also means that the overall quality of pictures on Flickr is dropping fast. The 3G has a two megapixel camera, the 3GS has a 3 megapixel camera. The soon-to-be-supplanted-#1-camera, the Canon Digital Rebel series, start at about 10 megapixels and have ass kicking lenses and unreal features that would allow even a hack like me to take really good pictures now and then. The iPhone? Not so much. So the result is Flickr will host many many more pictures that are of a much crappier quality.

I'll take the blame for this one. Look at all these crappy pictures I've uploaded off of my iPhone. I have a whole set!

And because I am a picture whore, here are a few hi(low)lights.

0eccd69a

Out in Boston

Out in Boston

Honeymoon Day One

Honeymoon Day One

photo

photo

photo

The Cupcake Boutique

photo-723347

I started a group called iPhone Astrophotography which proves I'm the only twit in the universe who takes cheesy astronomy themed pictures with his iPhone.
photo(2)

IMG_0370

I'm working a half day today due to a Dentist appointment (grrrrrrrr). I have a shit load of errands to run too, but I am hoping I will be able to spare a few minutes to take my camera to the Spicket River waterfall in Methuen and grab a shot or two. Keep your fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment