Monday, August 24, 2009

Stuff

So this weekend we had three hair cuts. One each for 3/4 of the household. We bought tons of new school clothes for the 2/4 of the family who are going back to school. We had steak and cake for my little brother who turned 32 on Sunday. If he's 32 then I must be really really old.

Sunday was a quiet stay at home kinda day. We did sneak out to Portsmouth for lunch and to see where Jen is working now. We also got a quick view of the ocean and a couple of light houses. I have decided that I really like light houses.

This week is looking pretty quiet. Laundry and food shopping and fun stuff. Some more work on our still yet undefined programming-at-home project. Maybe an episode of Scrubs or two.

Next weekend is still up in the air to some extent. We had a cook out with Mike and Tammy and Cecilia scheduled for this past Sunday that had to be postponed. One of the kids earned a Sunday full of being punished that was lightened slightly by our need to go out to lunch, but otherwise was stuck too all day. We are hoping to reschedule for this coming Sunday. I hope so it happens as I'm looking forward to seeing their new house. Jen also has a party with some old work friends on Sunday evening. Saturday is pretty much up in the air. There was some brief talk about maybe taking the kids to see the new Harry Potter. There is one scene that will undoubtedly result in nightmares for at least 1/2 of the household children, but I think we can work out a way to cover a pair of eyes or two when that scene happens. We'll have to be spot on with our timing, but we'll be able to pull it off. Still, that was only in the discussion phase. We might put that off for a few weeks more.

All of this is leading toward the One Big Event on the horizon...

The first day of school.

Not only is it the first day of school, but for one lucky little man it is the first day of first grade! I took a vacation day for that special day so I can join in on the fun. Hopefully all of the tears will come from a very happy and proud mom, and not from a nervous six year old. He's going to do fine, but he does seem a little apprehensive. Lucky for him he has a big sister to help show him the ropes.





On a totally unrelated subject, I want to watch these youtube clips later if I get a chance.



On a slightly unrelated topic, my wife is much much smarter than I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment