Monday, August 31, 2009

Projects

Is it because this week is everyone's first week or school of is it something weather related? I don't know, but I am in a project starting kinda mood. (note I did not say project starting and finishing kinda mood... I'm one of those people)

Jen and I have already started working on a programming project, even if we're not actually sure what the project is going to be yet. Work has commenced at the Rob-needs-to-learn-how-to-write-in-C#-and-use-Visual-Studio-.net level.

Last night Jen was out with some friends and I was up kinda late waiting for her and I did something I haven't often done... I used our playstation 3 to play an actual game. Star Wars the Force Unleashed. I now have this drive to play the game all the way through. That will probably go away once I get to a level that is the least bit difficult, but for now it has me looking at walk throughs and strategy guides.

I also have this sudden interested in learning how to use Apple's Garageband software. I'm thinking I might try to use Jenny's Macbook to record the next RPM challenge and it might be fun to write a tune or two and record them as practice. Granted I haven't touched my guitar since mid-July, but that doesn't change the sudden project desire.

Odd how this happens to me at this time of year.

The kids have their pre-back-to-school carnival today. Tomorrow they are off, and then on Wednesday they go back to school for real. One lucky son-of-my-wife will be starting first grade. He's nervous and excited at the same time. I am super excited. I can't wait for him to show off that brainiac like intellect of his. He's a smart one. His sister is starting third grade and will continue her dominance of the elementary school smarties.

I took the day off from work and will get to join in on the bringing of the kiddies to school. I also am lucky enough to be the lucky guy who gets to pick them up after school and bring them to their after school program's orientation. I am triple lucky! (I also get to go to the dentist, which sort of reduces the effect of the overall luckiness)

So the great start of the school year fun/end of the summer blues begins for real on Wednesday. Until then, enjoy this trailer for what can only be called a cinematic masterpiece. (have I posted this one before?)

No comments:

Post a Comment