Friday, August 7, 2009

ListenApp!

There is this site, right, called alonetone.

It's a music site geared toward musicians. It's more than just another place to post your songs so folks can hear them, it's a community. Lots of songwriters/performers/recording artists hanging out and listening to each other's work.

I started posting there a while ago... probably over a year at least. The site was very new and the community very small and I dumped the few 8 track recordings I had done back in 2007 there. It's a very clean and simple site. No clutter, no garbage. It does what it does and I really like it.

Now there is a tool for people who want to just listen to music, rather than plug their own. It's called ListenApp!. It's an iTunes looking web application that will play music hosted by alonetone. It's also brand new and pretty buggy. I am a Firefox user 99% of the time, but I couldn't get it to stream anything so I tried Safari and it worked. (I know the creator of alonetone uses Safari, so when something seems buggy to me I use that browser to see if it's just me or not.)

Anyway, if you're looking for someplace to go to listen to some music that you've never heard before and probably won't hear anywhere else give this new site a try.

It's called ListenApp! and in case you're wondering, my stuff is under the name Robert James.

No comments:

Post a Comment