Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Rainbows... Two of Them!

Last night while driving home from work I had to stop at the Home Depot store in Tewksbury to buy some spray paint to artlessly put our house number onto our new garbage barrels. (too much information? Deal with it!)

While walking into the store I saw this:
Ominous Pre-Rainbow Storm Clouds

Storm's a-comin'.

At the very moment I exited the building the rain started. Lucky me, eh? It was very large drops at first, but not many of them. I got into the car without getting very wet.

Just after I got into the car, however, the sky fell on me. It poured. It only lasted about five minutes though and then it pretty much stopped and the sun came back out.

By the time I reached the junction with route 93 I saw this:
Double Rainbow Drive Home

Rainbows are great, but look closely. You may have to click on the image and look at one of the larger versions of it to see the super cool aspect...

Do you see it?

That's right, there are TWO RAINBOWS.

I saw a double rainbow. I think it's only the second or third time I've seen one. I think that is wicked cool.

Double Rainbow Drive Home

Double Rainbow Drive Home

The only downside of those pictures is that you can't see what I saw while driving around the bend on the exit ramp. The inner, brighter rainbow was complete. You could see the entire thing. You could see where it started, all the way up to the top, and all the way down to the end where the Leprechaun was hiding with my gold!

I thought that was cool. I just wanted to share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment