Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Critters and Stuff

On Halloween one of our new neighbors introduced himself. He mentioned that he has, on a couple of occasions, seen deer coming out of the woods behind our house.

Awesome!

This morning I was outside taking out the trash and I heard some leaves rustling out in the woods. I saw a few branches swaying despite the lack of breeze. I looked around to see if I could see whatever it was that was walking around out there, but I couldn't see anything.

Now I have to do some research into deer behavior because Robbie seriously wants to see these deer. Robbie's camera also wants to see these deer and photographically document their existence.

So, changing the subject, as previously posted I managed to vote this morning. I was pretty surprised by the turnout. It is a mid-term election and those are usually pretty dead, but I got to the poles about 30 minutes after they opened and I was the 77th ballot in my district. That's hardly a massive turnout, but it is pretty good. I commented on it and the women at the check out desk were both pretty pleased.

Changing the subject again, the Giants won the world series last night. Good for them. Another ridiculously long world series drought comes to an end. We still have Cleveland though... and the Cubs. The Cubby's world series wait is up to something like 450 years now, isn't it? Sportsily speaking, the one thing I am happiest about in all of the professional sports silliness that I get so wrapped up in, is that the Red Sox won a championship before the Cubs did. If the Cubs broke their curse first it would have been more painful than you could possibly imagine. Anyway, congratulations Giants, and hey Rangers... thanks for nothing. You suck. (except for that whole beating the Yankees thing. You are still super awesome in my book for that one. Thanks!)

No comments:

Post a Comment