Saturday, November 27, 2010

DRT

Today is our annual Dead Relatives Tour. That is a very insensitive way to describe a family event where a whole slew of us get together to visit the graves of my mother's parents, and my father's mother, brother, aunts and uncles. After paying our respects at the grave sites we all go out to lunch together and spend the better part of a day just being a big extended family.

The festivities are well underway, and Jen and I are sitting on the couch missing it. Damn you, cold virus! I am so disappointing in my immune system right now. We had plans for the first three days of our four day weekend and my cold has 86'd them all.

It's not that bad though, I have spent the whole weekend with my lovely wife, and a big chunk of it with her amazing kids. I wouldn't trade that for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment