Thursday, November 4, 2010

Disturbing Cat Update

Here's another cat update. In other words, you can probably skip this one. Okay? Okay.

I think the cat is out to get me. No, really. She is beginning to get into a disturbing routine.

Every night at about 4:00am she wakes me up. Sometimes she jumps on me. Sometimes she climbs onto my head. Today she actually batted me in the face with her paw. It's 4:00 in the morning and our little nocturnal mammal wants some attention... and I am the one who needs to give it to her.

She is very calm, cool, and collected when she does it but I know deep down she's thinking, PET ME, FAT BOY! PET ME!

So at about 4:00am each day for the past week or so I have been sleepily petting the kitty on her head for a few seconds. During normal waking hours that satisfies her, but not at 4:00am. At 4:00am if I stop petting she'll head butt my hand until I start again. I think she keeps this up for about five minutes, maybe a little more, and then she curls up either next to me or next to Jen and takes a nap.

A little while later, generally about 10 minutes before the alarm clock goes off, she'll wake me up again for another minute or two of attention before curling up again. She's precise. She's like the kitty version of a Swiss watch.

I think she might be out to get me. I think it might be part of a diabolical plan to make me lose my mind. I think it might be working. I think it might have already worked!

On an unrelated topic, I kept an eye out for deer this morning. No sightings. I want to see some damn deer in our back yard.

On another unrelated topic, Tim Thomas is 7-0 with a .977 save percentage (five goals against on 220 shots against) and a 0.72 goals against average (five goals against in 7 games). I think it's safe to say that whatever was wrong last year is right again this year. Go Bruins!

No comments:

Post a Comment