Monday, November 8, 2010

November 8th?

No... it can't be November 8th. Wasn't it just New Year's Day about a month ago? What the hell happened to 2010? I have entries on my work calendar for 2011 and when I see them I think, well that's a long way off... then I realize it's only two months away!

I know exactly why 2010 flew by so fast. I turn 40 in 2011, that's why. Oh no!

We had guests last night. My brother, his wife, and their two beautiful kids came and had dinner with us. We are seeing a trend. Sunday comes along and Jen gets a burning desire to cook a huge Sunday dinner. On kid weekends there are four of us to eat these big Sunday dinners, but on non-kid weekends we have to call other people up and ask for help eating everything.

Jen cooked a roast last night. It was goooood.

My niece snuggled up against me on the couch. I was the happiest Uncle in the world. On the way out the door she yelled that she loved our new house. She's two and she knows exactly what to say. She's brilliant! Her baby brother is adorable. He did what four week olds do. He slept, he cried, he ate. In other words, he was perfect.

It was a really good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment