Friday, November 5, 2010

Weird Day

What a weird day this has been so far.

First, I overslept a little. Just a little. Not much, only a few minutes. When I did get my head out from under the blanket I noticed that the kids' alarm clocks should have gone off, but they hadn't. Turns out the dates on them had some how gone wrong and they thought today was the first day of daylight savings time. So when 6:35 rolled around, their clocks were reading 5:35. That got everything off to a screwy start.

Next, my shoe fell apart. Back story, I have huge feet. Don't read anything into that, just except that my feet are size 14eee and move on with your life. The downside of having huge feet is that it can be very difficult to find shoes. When I do find shoes I have to wear them until they can't be worn anymore. That day arrived today for one of my work shoes. I pulled it on, and it just came apart from the sole. Nice. So I had to dig in my closet for another pair of old, but still wearable shoes. I found a pair. Problem solved, but still weird, you know?

On the drive to work today I was twice stuck behind very slow moving dump trucks, and once stuck behind a flat bed truck that was slowly... very slowly... carrying a crane. Yeah, I was a few minutes late.

Oh and I can't forget to mention that the toilet didn't stop running after some one flushed it this morning. Yes we are getting into gross TMI territory, but it happened. It was easy to fix but, ya know... weird.

I didn't bring a lunch today. I went to the cafe. The grill guy put cheese on my burger. I would rather die, I swear. He took it off, but... ewwww, cheese. Then they were out of ketchup. Damn, just a weird day.

The one good thing about this weird day is that the work portion of it ends in 2.25 hours. That's when it stops being weird and starts being the weekend. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment