Monday, May 16, 2011

Back to It

Let me preface this one by saying emphatically that I am ridiculously out of shape. Okay? We know that, right? I don't have to qualify anything else in the post now that we know that I am in fact, a fat ass.

Right.

Oh the pain! The Pain! My step-daughter's mini-birthday party/family cookout was a hit on Saturday and I am still paying for it. Jen did some major cleaning around the house on Friday before I got home from work. She did great. On Saturday morning she went out to do all of the shopping and I stayed home to finish the cleaning. That included sweeping and mopping all of the floors and mowing the lawn. My legs may never be the same. I did the lawn first and even before I was finished I was finding little things like, ya know, walking to be difficult. By the time the guests started arriving I had reached a point where getting out of a chair could cause me to shout in pain. Most of Sunday was just as bad. Today is better, but not that better. My legs, my back, my arms. PAIN!

Okay, on to less painful (slightly) things.

Why, oh why, are the Bruins and Lightning not playing game two tonight? Doesn't VS. generally have a Monday night game on their schedule? What? The? Hell? There are only two series left, and we have to add in extra days? I don't get it.

What I do get is that if the Bruins continue to play the way they played game one they are going to be golfing before the weekend is over. They sucked on Saturday. Just. Sucked. Patrice Bergeron may in fact be just as important a piece of the Bruins puzzle as I knew he was. I was afraid of that. Let's hope he comes back quickly.

In happier news, how about those Red Sox, huh? Finally up to .500 at twenty wins and twenty losses. What does it say about the American League East that we are still only three games out of first place? What does it say about the New York Yankees that they got swept by a last place team who can't get it's head out of it's ass (figuratively) like the Red Sox? I think it might be a clue that the Yankees Suck! hehe sorry, Boston fans have to work that chant in to everything they do. Jen and I are going to the game tomorrow against the Orioles and I expect to hear the Yankees Suck chant at least once.

Oh, did I mention we're Fenway bound tomorrow? (yes, I just did) Our tickets are in the non-tall people section which means Robbie's going to have to find a standing room spot, but expect a few pictures either way.

Finally, and far and away most importantly... in fact the only thing in this dumb post that actually is important... Mom's kidney is back to normal and she goes back onto the chemotherapy starting today. One step closer to beating the cancer! Beat that Cancer!

No comments:

Post a Comment