Thursday, May 12, 2011

What to Do?

The Red Sox are off tonight after losing again last night. The Bruins don't start their next series until Saturday night. Not that I watch the Celtics at all, but even the Celtics are done now.

What Boston sports team am I going to be able to complain about tomorrow morning? What to do?

Last night I went to my step daughter's elementary school chorus concert. It was Disney themed and the kids were great. My only beef is with the teacher. Most of the songs were sung along with pre-recorded music, as if it were karaoke. There were a couple of songs done to piano accompaniment, but only a couple. The last few songs were actually sung along with the actual movie soundtracks. The kids were getting tired and the voices were getting quiet and you could hear the Disney character's voice singing too. Huh? C'mon teacher, if you can't cut the piano part that's fine but find some one who can. Don't just stroll over to Newbury Comics on route 28 in Salem, NH (you're welcome) and pick up the movie soundtrack on CD and have the kids sing along. The kids aren't going to learn anything if they can just mumble along and let the CD carry the melody. Sheesh.

Speaking of my step daughter, her birthday is next week. There is a kids party this weekend and a family party next weekend. I will be taking pictures, but that reminds me that I still haven't posted the pics from my step son's birthday back in February to the other page. I haven't put up anything from Easter either. Slacker!

No comments:

Post a Comment