Thursday, May 12, 2011

Wing and Sharks

I know this is looking way to far ahead, but....

Game seven between the Red Wings and Sharks is underway with the Sharks up 2-0 after one period.

Who do I want to win this one?

If it comes to it and the Bruins get past Tampa Bay and go to the cup finals (huge if) they would probably match up better against San Jose. Detroit kicked our ass this season. There is also the good story of Joe Thornton vs his old team.

So I should probably want San Jose to win.

But....

If the Red Wings win tonight the Bruins will no longer be the last team to blow a 3-0 series lead. I can't understate the importance of that possibility. Also, how great would it to see an original six match up in the Stanley Cup finals. Coincidentally, Boston's last cup win was over an original six opponent, the New York Rangers.

So I should probably be rooting for Detroit.

But what I should really be doing is not looking ahead any further than Saturday's game one against Tampa Bay.

Cautious optimism is key. I don't want to mess with our Bruins Nation's karma.

Go Bruins!

ADDENDUM: Crap. This was written during the blogger downtime on 5/12 at roughly 10:00pm. I was hoping it would file with that time stamp. I wonder if I can edit it?

ADDENDUM ADDENDUM: Sweet! Under post options you have the option of setting a date and time for the post. >whew< Now I have a post that was written on 5/12 showing as written on 5/12. Now if my post from the morning of 5/12 would just be so kind as to come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment