Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Random Thoughts

I had WBZ radio on this morning. As I turned it on they were wrapping up a story about fraudulent mortgages and forged signatures and illegal lending practices. Immediately following the story was an advertisement for mortgages.

I'm excited about the Bruins game tonight. I am also terrified. I should relax and just accept that the situation is totally different than last year. Last year we won the first two games at home. This year we won the first two games on the road. Big difference. Last year we had Tuukka Rask in goal. This year we have Tim The Man Thomas in net. No disrespect to Tuukka, but HUGE difference. Not to mention that Thomas in game two had what might be the best performance of his NHL career. See? It's not the same situation as last year at all. They are not going to blow a three games to none lead again. Right? Right? Is that the sound of chirping crickets I hear?

In further hockey news, Tampa Bay has a 3 games to none lead over Washington. I picked Tampa Bay to win, but like this? Do you think Washington can force a game seven the way Chicago did? Probably not (cough, CHOKE, cough)

May the Fourth Be With You.

The only down side to Star Wars Day 2011 is that four days from now I will have the saddest day ever. It's been 10 years since I had a day even remotely this depressing. You see, four days shy of 10 years ago I turned 30. Do the math, kiddies. Have you figured out why I really do not want May 8, 2011 to happen? I will be forty years old. I want Mother's Day to happen. I just don't want that other horrible thing to happen. You know what I mean?

Go Bruins

No comments:

Post a Comment