Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Chemotherapy Rescheduled

We were told the chemotherapy would start on Monday (yesterday). It did not.

Now we're told that the chemotherapy will start tomorrow (Wednesday). I hope so. It will be Methotrexate first. Then on Friday they will give her Rituxan, which I believe is a brand name of Rituximab.

My father told me earlier that the hospital is investigating yesterday's adventure. I don't think I want to see anyone get into trouble over it, but I do want them all to know that they have to keep an eye on ol' Robbie's mom, or she's going to head for the front door.

I am afraid of the chemotherapy. There, I said it. I know it's going to help her. I know it. But at the same time, it's going to be brutal. In order for her brain to get better, the rest of her body is going to have to get sicker. Potentially, much sicker. I don't want her to have to go through that. I just wish there was something I could do.

Jen mentioned wanting to go visit tomorrow. For that to happen she needs her own doctor's clearance, (damn flu bug) and we need some one to watch the kids. I hate the idea of missing a night with the kids, but I hate the idea of not being there for her on the night the chemo starts.

This whole situation sucks, and I'm not even the one going through it. Somehow that makes it suck even more in my book.

Fingers crossed, for as long as it takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment