Sunday, March 20, 2011

Deer!

Just after uploading my exceptionally lame bird feeder pictures I went back to the bed room window to see if there were any other wild animals visiting.

There were!

I could see two deer at the top of the hill a short distance into the woods. I actually saw one in the same spot this morning too. I stood and watched them for a few minutes, trying to get a picture or two. The camera's auto focus was not up to the challenge, and really neither was I while using manual focus. There are just too many trees and branches for me to get anything good.

So I stood and watched. Something spooked deer #1 and he went off down the hill at a good run. That's when the surprise came. Deer #2 stood his ground, but suddenly there were a whole slew of other deer running away. One at a time, in single file, all following the first deer's route. Deer #2 waited for the others to go and then he took off too.

It was awesome!!!!!

Here are bad pictures...

DSC_0024

DSC_0017

DSC_0011

No comments:

Post a Comment