Monday, June 27, 2011

Calendar Ups and Downs

I believe this past weekend may have been the shortest weekend since the United States adopted the 40 hour work week. I blinked and it was over. Where did it go? My wife and I had a very nice weekend, spent mostly at home together doing nothing and really liking it. The kids had their piano recital. She worked a little. I cleaned a little. Mostly though it was just us enjoying each other's company. I love her so much.

Today, however, is Monday. That in and of itself has an extremely high suckitudenal level. Unfortunately this coming weekend is a long one. It is the much anticipated, long awaited three day fourth of July weekend. That means this work week is going to drag and suck and drag and suck some more. The 40 hour week is going to feel like 400 hours by the time Friday sets us free.

Suckitudenality overload.

But...

We have a long vacation scheduled for later in the summer. Today I logged into work and opened up my calendar to see what was coming up and saw for the first time that the start of the vacation is close enough that it is showing in the default calendar view.

Oh the happiness. Oh the sweet, sweet, vacational happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment