Friday, June 17, 2011

Now What?

I checked the news today and apparently the Bruins really did win the Stanley Cup the other night. I didn't dream it. They haven't found some obscure rule to disqualify them. It didn't suddenly turn into a best of nine series or anything weird like that.

The Bruins are Stanley Cup Champions.

Still.

So now what? I can't go to the parade on Saturday. Not that I really feel a need to go to the victory parade, it's just the next thing on many Bruins fans to-do list. Tomorrow we will hopefully have our second championship of the week. My step daughter's softball team is in their playoff tournament's finals. They ran away with the regular season and won the first playoff game in dramatic, come from behind, fashion. I can't wait to see tomorrow's game.

After that? Well hopefully I can start going to the gym with my beautiful wife. We have a vacation coming in a few months and I am in the worst shape I've ever been in. Building up a little walking around stamina would do wonders for me. Beyond that, maybe I can have time to start cleaning the house and doing all of those things that I've been too distracted by the Glory of the Bruins to get done.

Oh, and there is also the Red Sox. Make that the first place Red Sox with the best record in the American League. It's time to start obsessing about them again. One cool incentive to follow the Red Sox presented itself last night.

I was in the kitchen doing something. Jen and my step son were in our room reading before his bedtime. My step daughter was alone in the living room. When their on-demand program ended FiOS eventually exited the on-demand section and went back to the last station viewed in normal television, which happened to be NESN. The Red Sox were on. Now, I don't know if she did this out of interest in the game, or out of just-before-bed-time-laziness, but she left the game on and watched it all by herself for a couple of innings. I asked her for a score update and she gave it right away. I think we may have created a baseball fan out of one of the kids. That is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment