Thursday, July 7, 2011

Blank Again

I'm having another one of those nothing-to-say mornings. I am kinda tired. I didn't sleep much last night. The Netflix app on my iPad acted up and pissed me off quite a bit. It sorta messed with my night time routine. Generally Jen and I go to bed at the same time and "read" for a while. I put read in quotes because in recent weeks reading for me has entailed watching Battlestar Galactica on Netflix. Just prior to that reading for Jen meant watching Glee on Netflix. So you see, "reading" has a lose definition these days. Anyway, we try to make it so she goes to sleep first. If I fall asleep first my snoring keeps her awake, but when she falls asleep first her snoring does not keep me awake. We've also been experimenting with having music playing (The Beatles Mono Remasters box set on shuffle, although I might switch to the stereo box set tonight) quietly as sort of a white noise/snoring distraction. It's worked well so far.

What was I talking about? Oh yeah, Netflix flipping out a little threw me off. I ended up reading a little and then watching Battlestar Galactica. I finished season two last night. I like it... but not quite as much as I did in the first season.

What else is going on? This weekend the kids are with their Dad. I believe part of our plans should be to clean the hell out of our house. It's a mess. This is me motivating myself to clean the living room, the kitchen, the dining room, and our bedroom. It must be done. We also need to mow the lawn, but unfortunately our lawn mower broke when I tried to use it on Monday. The safety mechanism thing where you have to hold the bar closed in order to run the engine broke. The plastic piece that keeps the wire that connects the bar to the engine broke, so now there is no tension on it when you close the bar. Does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about?

Good news, the Red Sox won last night and the Yankees lost. We are now only half a game out of our rightful first place position.

I still want to post some of the weekend in NH pictures from this past weekend, but I haven't had a chance. Maybe sometime today I'll throw some up.

Until next time...

1 comment: