Friday, July 15, 2011

The End of Harry Potter

A few weeks ago it dawned on me that the final Harry Potter movie was about to be released. I thought that I should gear up for it by getting my mitts on the audiobook versions of all seven books and listening to them during my grueling commutes. I thought I could have them all done by the time the movie came out.

Well, movie 7.5 comes out today and I am still on book six. I should finish it during the drive home tonight and then I'll at least be on book seven when I see the last movie, but in the overall scheme of things I've failed.

Which probably means my commutes have been a touch shorter than normal (not counting last night's endless marathon) which is a good thing.

Now that the movie is out the only question left is, when are we going to get to see it. Both kids want to see it, but given the intensity of the subject matter we are not going to let them see it without screening it ourselves first. We have them this weekend so we'll probably have to wait.

Which means I might finish the audiobooks before seeing the movie after all! Funny how things work out, eh? I expect the movie to be a bit of a let down. Not because I've heard anything bad (I have heard that the 3D is kinda crappy) but because it's been building up for so long, how could it not disappoint. I'm still really looking forward to it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment