Monday, March 26, 2012

Weekend Recap

This weekend was a winner.  On Saturday my step daughter and I went to her softball try outs.  Family members were not allowed to watch the actual try out (will we be allowed to watch the games?) so I didn't see her shag all of the grounders and hit all but one of the pitches.  After we got home the kids went bike riding for a little bit and they met two other kids who might have recently moved onto our street.  That would be awesome if they had some friends in the neighborhood.  Next the kids and I did a little yard work.  We live at the end of the wind tunnel that is our street and when trash gets blown out of a neighbor's yard there is a good chance it ends up in ours.  That accounted for a small percentage of what needed clean up.  Most of the trash in the yard came from those damn dirty squirrels who raid our trash cans and spread stuff around the yard.  The kids did a fantastic job cleaning up all of that stuff while I took care of the mountain of downed branches that have landed in our yard over the winter.  We rewarded our job well done by taking a hike through the woods behind the house.  After that we had a wonderful turkey dinner that Jen prepared for us.  Everything was delicious (especially the stuffing... drool...) After dinner we all just hung out together in the living room until bedtime/Bruins time.

Sunday started out with a few chores inside the house.  Jen went food shopping, I cleaned the kitchen and the kids straightened up the living room.  Once the clean up was done the kids and I went outside to play catch for a while.  When my step son got tired of that he rode his bike and for the first time ever was able to stand up on the pedals.  Just before we broke for dinner I was buzzed by a hawk.  That was so cool.  After that Jen had to spend a couple of hours working so the kids and I went down stairs to veg for a while.  As soon as Jen was finished working we played a few kid-friendly card games.  Rack-o, I Doubt It, and Spoons.  We will probably suggest a couple of those when we're on our vacation to Maine.  They were all fun.   Once it was time for the kids to go to bed Jen and I hung out in the living room where I watched the Bruins while folding laundry.  The Bruins won... I wonder if me folding laundry was what put them over the top?  This is how superstitions get made.

All in all it was a wonderful weekend.  I had a blast.  I am the luckiest guy ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment