Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Christmas Lists

I am curious if anyone else around does what I do. Or I should say, does a similar goofiness that I subject my family too.

Christmas is traditionally a huge deal for my family. We tend to go waaaay overboard on the gift giving. A normal Christmas morning includes a living room so full of wrapped gifts that the people who are giving and receiving said gifts can't fit into the room.

This sort of gross consumerism requires lots of coordination and planning. To help in that end I, for the last few years, have collected everyone's Christmas lists and consolidated them onto one web page. This page is meant to be bookmarked and visited regularly to see any additions that the potential gift receivers may have asked me to make.

The last few years I have gotten into the spirit by making the page as festive... and as hard to read... as I can with my meager skills. I'll admit it... I took the goofiest stuff I could find on the average javascript code sites and threw them in. Here is last year's page.

I started posting this year's Christmas wish lists today but I seriously toned down the goofiness. We are promising each other that we will not go overboard this year. We're all buying one item for one person (we picked names out of a hat over the weekend) instead of multiple gifts for everyone. I figured a more stately, dare I say classy, page is more fitting for our current, more sophisticated, Christmas gift giving agenda.

It brings to mind two questions though. Questions I will pose to you the reader... all three of you.

1. Are we the only dorks who set up a Christmas wish list web page?
2. Should I bring back that moving snowflake background gif I used last year?

Please phrase your answers in the form of a comment to this post.

Thank you

21 shopping days left.

No comments:

Post a Comment